Monday, February 6, 2012

Stepping out of my comfort zone...

Its not easy being a surrogate, with the questions, misunderstandings and general confusion about the topic. Most of my family and friends know so its been pretty easy this third time around. Stepping out of the box and having a photographer document the journey is a whole 'nother ball game. Since this would be my last pregnancy, and the parents last baby, we decided to take the plunge and have sweet "JenMcKen" follow us around for the day and the remainder of our journey. It was a fun and fabulous day with the parents, big brother and Jen along. I barely noticed her camera as I was more focused on my appointments. When the time came for her blog post, I was worried...what would people say? I was overwhelmed by the comments left by others. They were very positive, supportive and were so happy Jen was casting our story in such a positive light. Two comments were from mom's who had their children via a surrogate! I was so relieved! Along with relief came the fear, our private life was out in the open!  This mostly secret life I had behind the scenes of my regular life of wife & mom was out in the open. Most people probably don't even know that the past six years were spent trying for this precious baby. At least 7 cycles and a miscarriage..and finally we're here at this point. Its surreal to see me in the photos..but I'm glad Jen is sharing this firsthand with us, and our amazing story is being told in such beautiful photos. Thank you, JenMcKen!! :)

Here's part of our story:
http://jenmckenphoto.com/2012/02/surrogacy-the-journey-blairsville-pa-photographer/

2 comments: